Tuesday, May 09, 2006

ANOTHER BIT OF KITCHEN WALL


Wibbo's warned me about the addictiveness of this Blogging business, and I think she has a point. I'm surprised how much fun it's turning out to be. Also like the fact it's guilt free ... if I miss posting for a few days or even weeks ... who cares. No one is going to beat me with a stick, least of all myself.

I switched and changed several 'kitchen corner still lifes' at the weekend, but left this canvas where it's been for some time. It reminds me of the summer British abstract painter, Patrick Jones, was over here and he inspired me to make this abstract vaguely cubist collage one sweltering afternoon. I still like the colours, textures and effects of the layered papers. I remember Patrick was insistent that the image was completed with the addition of just a single drawn 'mark'. I chose to do this with a brown conte crayon and just loved the way it brought it all together.

No comments: