Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ooooooh! DECISIONS

Think I've shot myself in the foot with this one. I had too much fun today developing the 'thoughts' (as I call the prep sketches for my new abstract painting). So much, that I really am going to struggle tearing it up for the main picture.

In the past I've gathered together my 'thought' sketches from separate pieces of paper, so it felt kinda good making a whole new work out of something so random. Whilst this time I've got other elements to add, created at different times, for some reason I put most of the stuff down on one sheet, and now the problem is I'm sort of liking the way it's beginning to look, just as it is.

Ah well ... it's got to be done. You can remind me of this moment ... if the actual finished canvas is a disaster!

No comments: