Wednesday, September 26, 2007

DAZZLING SMILE Brooch Pin wearable art item 59


Scary but it makes me smile! :)) But then that's just me ;)
Another unique one-of-a-kind piece.
DAZZLING SMILE brooch pin.
I used free-form crochet, hand stitching and painting to create this 3 inch wide SMILE (7.5 cms approx). The luscious lips are made from Lipstick Red and Coral cotton threads. I painted the smile onto wood with a glossy layer of lacquer for protective shine, and added a Heart Shaped Jewel for extra DAZZLE. The whole piece is double-backed with red felt complete with a securable pin fastener. SOLD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brooch is just amazing! I love it. I really enjoy your sense of humor and creativity. And right now I am going to visit your Etsy store!
Elsita :)

Bee Skelton said...

Elsita thank's for popping by :) Glad the 'SMILE' was infectious ;) Look forward to seeing you again.

KathyB said...

What a fascinating blog you have! This "SMILE" brooch is evidence of a free art spirit. You must be having a great time! Love what you make, and I really admire your paintings. My pieces are mixed media collage enhanced with exotic yarns. Drop by and see. kbartdesigns.com