Thursday, November 05, 2009

Algonquin Park Canada original painting

Algonquin Park must be one of the most beautiful places on earth. When a client recently commissioned me to paint this landscape, I jumped at the chance. It seemed a tall order at first, as I have never been to Canada, but then I haven't met all of the people whose portrait I paint either, so I decided to accept the challenge.

On this occasion the client did not have a particular photograph for me to work from, but she did know very precisely what she wanted featured; a canoe, the Algonquin sign and trees.

I then had a fabulous time becoming familiar with how the forest and lakes look, helped enormously by Ray Mears Northern Wilderness BBC TV program. For those of you interested in the painting process, here are a few 'work in progress' images.




No comments: