Thursday, February 07, 2013

Portrait for Our Friends Dog Rescue

Portrait of Henry
Our Friends Dog Rescue http://ourfriendsdogrescue.org.uk/ is in need of all our help to continue their excellent work.  I am absolutely delighted that Brenda Pollard commissioned me to paint an oil portrait of Henry, her handsome boy, with her fee going to help the cause.

Sadly Henry is no long with us but Brenda was able to send me some old photos of him to help me create a likeness. Below are some work-in-progress images for those of you who like to see the process:

Line drawing in pencil on the canvas

Started by adding main areas of light and shade with large brush.
Henry portrait work-in-progress 3
Henry portrait work-in-progress 4
Henry portrait work-in-progress 5
Henry portrait work-in-progress 6
Henry portrait work-in-progress 7
Henry portrait work-in-progress 8

Email me for more information about any of my work.

No comments: