Friday, January 31, 2014

Winter Tree paintings

Winter Trees by Bee Skelton
 My new garden is full of painterly inspiration!  The bare branches are quite sculptural and make wonderfully dramatic shapes.  There's lots of colour too and it was a joy to observe and make this painting.  It's on a 20x20cm (8x8in) stretched canvas, painted in acrylics.  I've left the sides white and added a hanger to the reverse so it can be displayed straightaway without framing.  Email me for more information about any of my work.
Winter Trees side view.


Here in the UK they say we've had the wettest January since records began and I do feel for the many folk who are struggling in the floods.  This is our first winter in England for many years and the difference in climate between here and Cyprus is of course huge.  Weird I know, but some how I find myself absolutely loving the novelty and drama of the peculiar weather! 

Old Tree original painting 6x6 acrylic on MDF



Each week I get together with another group of artists in a nearby village.  This magnificent old tree made a perfect subject viewed through the window as we all concentrated on making a winter painting.




You can email me for information about anything you see.  A small collection of work can also sometimes be seen in my Etsy shop. 

No comments: