Friday, February 06, 2015

Snowdrops and Sparrow acrylic painting on canvas


20 x 20 cms (8 x 8 ins approx). 
Unframed
Sold 


Back to painting birds this week.  Softer more muted colouring than previously.  Perhaps it's the frosty weather having an effect.  The snowdrops are less obvious in the garden than last year.  I think the birds have been pecking at them before they've a chance to flower.  Hopefully some will survive.  But just in case I've popped a few into an imaginary pot in this painting.


Original painting by Bee Skelton



I used acrylics on canvas. The deep sides are left white, but I will probably paint the sides to suit the painting, making the picture suitable to hang on your wall without framing. Would also look good on a niche or shelf. You can add a frame if you wish when it arrives with you.
Available in my Folksy shop.  (This painting has now sold.  Others available)
snowdrop, flowers, bird, original painting, Bee Skelton

No comments: