Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Painting work in progress 1

Today I'm back in the studio after time off preparing for and enjoying my son's visit :)

Here we have the beginning of a semi-abstract acrylic painting on canvas. I particularly like having human forms/portraits in combination and providing counterpoint with abstract and patterned elements.

The composition is pretty much worked out and drawn with pencil, but as always is subject to change as the painting progresses. It is difficult to see the drawing here, but there are two female forms that will be developed eventually.

I began painting the striped section as it will probably feature most of the chosen palette and will be a good place to see what works. I think the pink needs to be more violet, so at the beginning of the next session I'll modify it and see what happens.

No comments: