Sunday, June 15, 2008

Paint & Clay - Original mixed media painting on canvas

The studio is in total chaos just now, with hardly a square inch of useable surface left ... but I'm on a roll so tidying up with have to wait.




I've been playing with clay and now have lots of small tiles, which I plan to use collectively or individually in mixed media paintings. The pic shows them in their naked unpainted state. Many of them will get altered out of all recognition, but I do like the way some of them look now and have chosen four of the more simple ones to use for a 4 canvas minimal contemporary piece.

I've started on 3 of them, then realised that I must have got the fourth from a different supplier because the weave of the canvas is slightly different. So it's off to town this week for more of the same.





No comments: