Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FAMILY PORTRAIT PAINTING


At the beginning of this commission, the client presented me with a pretty poor quality image; the face of the little boy on the left was almost completely obscured by the book, there was distortion in the eyes caused by flash photography and overall the image was blurry. But inspite of all that, I was instantly captivated by the idea of painting this grandfather reading to his little grandsons. What a lovely image of love and shared experience between the generations!

With the aid of additional separate photos of the subjects sent to me by the client, I was slowly able to piece together the visual information I needed to make the desired composition. I am so glad that together we persevered and created a unique keepsake for this special family to enjoy for generations to come.

3 comments:

Lorna Hogg said...

Its really beautiful! I bet the grandfather will cherish this. x

Trevor Lingard said...

Much character and tenderness captured.
I am sure they will cherish this piece.
Regards

Bee Skelton said...

Hi Lorna & Trevor, many thanks for visiting and your comments.