Saturday, June 06, 2020

Puffin painting & Farne Islands Northumberland

I've been having fun on a virtual holiday escaping lockdown again.  This time I've been recalling time spent in Northumberland a few years ago.  While there we sailed to the Farne Islands, which is supported by the National Trust, to see the puffins, other sea birds and seals.  Well worth a visit, as is Bamburgh Castle, at top of the painting.  We hope to return again when circumstances allow to visit the Longstone Lighthouse. 

As usual, the painting began with a few scribbles in a sketchbook, to remind myself of the subject and roughly work out a composition.
Then fun with paint on the easel.
First a background.

Archival quality prints in two sizes are now available from my Etsy shop.  More information about my work at www.beeskelton.com.

No comments: